What is RVTools?
RVTools is a windows .NET 2.0 application which uses the VI SDK to display information about your virtual machines and ESX hosts. Interacting with VirtualCenter 2.5, ESX Server 3.5, ESX Server 3i, ESX Server 4i, VirtualCenter 4.0, ESX Server 4.0, VirtualCenter 4.1, ESX Server 4.1, VirtualCenter 5.0, VirtualCenter Appliance or ESX Server 5.
RVTools is able to list information about VMs, CPU, Memory, Disks, Partitions, Network, Floppy drives, CD drives, Snapshots, VMware tools, ESX hosts, HBAs, Nics, Switches, Ports, Distributed Switches, Distributed Ports, Service consoles, VM Kernels, Datastores and health checks. With RVTools you can disconnect the cd-rom or floppy drives from the virtual machines and RVTools is able to update the VMware Tools installed inside each virtual machine to the latest version.
What do I need?
This application supports ESX Server 3.5, VirtualCenter 2.5, ESX Server 3i, ESX Server 4i, VirtualCenter 4.0, ESX 4.0, VirtualCenter 4.1, ESX 4.1, VirtualCenter 5.0, VirtualCenter Appliance and ESX 5.
- Overall performance improvements and better end user experience
- VI SDK reference changed from 4.0 to 5.0
- Added reference to Log4net (Apache Logging Framework) for debugging purpose
- Fixed a SSO problem
- CSV export trailing separator removed to fix PowerShell read problem
- On vDisk tabpage new fields: Eagerly Scrub and Write Through
- On vHost tabpage new field: vRAM = total amount of virtual RAM allocated to all
- On vHost tabpage new fields: Used memory by VMs, Swapped memory by VMs
and Ballooned memory by VMs
- Added a new preferences screen. Here you can disable / enable some
performance killers. By default they are disabled
- Bugfix: Snapshot size was displayed as zero when smaller than 1 MB