VMware announced a new training course called “VMware vSphere: What’s New [V5.1]“.
This course can be followed by attending a classroom, live online or onsite. The course lasts 2 days and it’s available through myLearn training.
This course is intended for the following audience:
- System administrators
- IT managers
- System architects
- People responsible for implementing or managing vSphere environments
This hands-on training course explores new features in VMware® vCenter Server™ 5.1 and VMware vSphere® ESXi™ 5.1. Topics include VMware vSphere® 5.1 installation and how to upgrade from vSphere 4.x to vSphere 5.1.
Students who complete this course may enroll in any of several advanced vSphere 5.1 courses. Go to http://www.vmware.com/education for advanced course options.
- List and describe key enhancements in vSphere 5.1
- Upgrade a deployment from vSphere 4.1 to vSphere 5.1
- Use the VMware vSphere® Web Client to manage virtual machines
- List and describe key networking enhancements, including the ESXi firewall and new features in vNetwork distributed switches
- Upgrade and manage a VMware vSphere® VMFS-5 datastore
- Understand and configure policy-driven storage
- Create a datastore cluster and configure Storage DRS
- Live migration of a virtual machine without shared storage
- Secure the virtual machines using VMware® vShield Endpoint™ (now included in base vSphere product)
- Backup and recover a vSphere environment using vSphere Data Protection
- Replicate vSphere for SRM deployments using vSphere Replication
- Use new displays to monitor VMware vSphere® High Availability cluster activity
- Use the Linux-based VMware® vCenter™ Server Appliance™
- Use Auto Deploy to install a stateless or stateful ESXi host
- Use Image Builder to modify and export an image profile
Attendance at one of these VMware
vSphere 4 courses:
- Install, Configure, Manage
- Fast Track
- What’s New
Or equivalent vSphere 4 administration experience