This major release includes several improvements and some interesting new additions.
- E-discovery and item recovery for Exchange: Veeam Explorer for Microsoft Exchange
- Restore from SAN snapshots: Veeam Explorer for SAN snaphots (only HP StoreVirtual VSA and HP Lefthand snapshots)
- vSphere 5.1 support
- Windows Server 2012 Hyper-V support
- Advanced monitoring, reporting and capacity planning
- Windows Server 2012 and Windows 8 support
- Improved engine and performance
- Configuration backup: backup your Veeam configuration!
- Improved job scheduling
- Improved Application-aware processing
- Improved file-level restore
- Additional user interface improvements:
- Backup statistics
- Backup server version now available in e-mail
- New PowerShell cmdlets for eplica failover, replica failback and VeeamZIP operations.
For a complete update on all the new sweet goodies I suggest reading the What’s New PDF.
Another cool thing which got released is the new Veeam Management Suite 6.5. This allows you to add backupservers into Veeam One 6.5 and generate reports about your backups!
What’s new video!
Doug Hazelman also made a “What’s new” video!
Veeam proves again that they are the #1 for VM Backups!