vCenter Server 5.1.0a released and View support for vSphere 5.1
VMware released an update for vCenter Server 5.1, bringing the version towards 5.1.0a (build version 880471). This update addresses several issues found in GA release (mostly related wit the new SSO service). For more information you can read the release notes. There are no new things added with this release but mostly bug fixes.
View support for vSphere 5.1
VMware also released a patch which makes View supported with vSphere 5.1. For more information please read the KB.
For VMware vSphere 5.1 to support VMware View 5.1.x, you need to download either:
- An updated ESXi 5.1 ISO image.
To download the ISO:
- Navigate to the vSphere Download Center.
- Click View Download for the VMware ESXi 5.1.0 Installable for your version of ESXi.
- On the Product Downloads tab, download VMware-VMvisor-Installer-201210001-838463.x86_64.iso.
- ESXi510-201210001 from the Patch Download Center.