VMware announced a new upcoming book called “The Official VCAP5-DCD Cert Guide”. You can pre-order it now over at Pearson!
Are you aiming for some extra certifications in 2013? Is VCAP5-DCD one of them? This book will help you on your journey. It is aimed to be released in June 2013 and will contain about 350 pages full of information.
This exam is the one of the next steps after achieving VCP5-DV. Some more information regarding the exam:
- Exam Number: VCD510
- Number of Questions: 100
- Type(s) of questions: Multiple-Choice, Drag & Drop, In-depth design questions using a design tool
- Passing Score: 300/500
- Time Limit: 225 Minutes
About the book
Ace your VCAP5-DCD, demonstrate your exceptional knowledge of VMware virtualized datacenter design, and differentiate yourself from thousands of VMware professionals!
The Official VCAP5-DCD Cert Guide is the only VMware authorized and approved guide to the new VCAP5-DCD certification exam for datacenter virtualization designers. Authored by top VMware expert Paul McSharry, it thoroughly covers every new exam objective, helping you sharpen your skills in designing and integrating multi-site, large enterprise virtualized environments. Organized to follow VMware’s newest exam blueprint, it’s packed with illustrations, tables, figures, screenshots, and realistic sample test questions — all designed to help you learn more, learn faster, and remember more.
Some of the contents
- Starting out with datacenter virtualization design and VCAP5-DCD exam preparation
- Creating the design: gathering data, identifying gaps, implementing best practices
- Planning for high availability, manageability, performance, and security
- Taking the vSphere platform from logical designs to actual implementations
- Designing VMs to optimally support your user applications
- Executing the datacenter virtualization project