Update 3 for Veeam Backup & Replication v8 is now available and brings some improvements to the product.
Most important is the support for Windows 10 (as guest VM and supported operating system for installing Veeam Backup & Replication) and the support for vSphere 6.0 Update 1 (this resolves the SSL issue).
New Features and Enhancements
- Support for Windows 10 as guest virtual machines (VMs), including application-aware processing.
- Support for installation of Veeam Backup & Replication and all of its components on Windows 10.
- Support for vSphere 6.0 Update 1.
- Added ability to convert “VMware Tools not found” job warning to informational event. To enable this behavior, set DisableVMwareToolsNotFoundWarning (REG_DWORD) registry value to 1.
- Support for the following additional SSH ciphers: aes128-ctr, aes192-ctr, aes256-ctr, aes192-cbc and aes256-cbc.
Veeam Explorer for Microsoft SQL Server
- Log truncation is automatically skipped for stopped and unsupported SQL Server instances to prevent errors from being logged.
- Preferred network settings will now also apply to transaction log backup jobs.
- Support for SQL Servers using non-standard port number.
Veeam Explorer for SharePoint
- Support for ADFS authentication.
- Support for UPN credentials.
- Proxy appliance will now respond to ping from within Virtual Lab to prevent firewalls automatically blocking its network as public.
- Removed weakly encrypted username and password logging from guest processing components using networkless (VIX) guest interaction mode. Veeam thanks Pasquale Fiorillo and Francesco Ongaro of ISGroup for vulnerability discovery.
- Improved performance of certain user interface operations, such as opening Backups node in large environments.
- Reduced load on SQL Server hosting product configuration database, while improving SQL interaction reliability in large environments.
- Improved performance of configuration backup in large environments.
- Minor enhancements and bug fixes in various product areas.
Again a nice and important update.