A year ago the Veeam Agent for Linux became generally available and allowed you to utilize it to backup physical and cloud Linux servers. Since then the product had several feature requests and v2 has just been released.
Upgrading is easy as you can just use your favourite package manager (apt, yum,…) and upgrade the version so you will be running on build 22.214.171.1240.
veeam (126.96.36.1994 => 188.8.131.520)
veeamsnap (184.108.40.2064 => 220.127.116.110)
- Veeam Agents for Linux can now be managed via a Veeam Backup & Replication server running 9.5 update 3.
- Prebuilt snapshot driver: The veeamsnap snapshot driver is now shipped as a precompiled, digitally signed kernel module.
- Source-side encryption: You can now encrypt your backups at source without impact on performance.
- Scale-Out Backup Repository Support: This allows you to send backups to a Scale-Out Backup Repository via a Veeam Backup & Replication server.
- Veeam Cloud Connect support: You can now send backup to a service provider directly via the Veeam Agent for Linux without first sending the backup to a local Veeam Backup & Replication server.
Another great release and just in time for the holiday season!