After the FREE training VMware now announced a new training course called “VMware vCenter Operations Manager: Analyze and Predict [V5.X]“. This is a 2 day course which can be done online and (live) onsite.
This course, for experienced VMware vSphere® personnel, teaches skills for the use of VMware® vCenter™ Operations Manager™ as a forensic and predictive tool. The course is based on VMware vSphere® ESXi™ 5.0, VMware® vCenter™ Server 5.0, and vCenter Operations Manager 5.0.
- Understand major and minor badges and their underlying metrics.
- Use these badges to find root causes of common operational issues in a vSphere environment.
- Perform capacity management and what-if analyses.
- Use the Operations tab, the Planning tab, the Alerts tab, the Analysis tab, and the Reports tab.
- Navigate the vCenter Operations Manager 5.0 user interface.
- Use heat maps and create a custom heat map.
- Use smart alerts to detect system issues.
- Course Introduction
- Introductions and course logistics
- Course objectives
- Understand the role of operations management in the cloud era
- Understand the vCenter Operations Management Suite and its packaging
- Understand the data collection methodology of the vCenter Operations Manager architecture
- Learn how vCenter Operations Manager collects data
- Master the main components of the dashboard view
- Navigate the objects tree and understand the badge pane
- Understand the functions of major and minor badges
- Use the Health major badge
- Use the Risk major badge
- Use the Efficiency major badge
- Use the Operations tab to navigate to details
- Work with predefined and custom heat maps through the Analysis tab
- Configure and use smart alerts
- Set up email notifications
- Schedule, use, and export predefined capacity management reports
- Perform what-if analyses
- Understand and meet preinstallation requirements
- Install vCenter Operations Manager
- Configure vCenter Operations Manager to gather data from its environment
Fore more information and registration head over to the mylearn page.