VMworld 2012 in San Francisco has started. The keynote has(/had) some great highlights. Here is quick list which I found to be the most interesting.
- Paul Maritz introduced Pat Gelsinger as the new CEO
- VMware introduces vCloud Suite
- VMware introduces vSphere 5.1
- VMware kills vRAM and returns to per-CPU pricing
- 1M IOPS per VM
- More focus on the SMB market
- More focus on Hadoop
- Enhanced vMotion introduction: vMotion without Shared storage requirement
- Web client introduction: your new manager!
- vXLAN is real
- More focus on vCenter Operations Manager
- vCloud API introduced. Application Director now a part of the vCloud Suite
- Free upgrade from Enterprise+ to Cloud Suite
For a list on the technical PDF’s regarding the new release I suggest you use Duncan Epping’s list and catch up on the information. Within the next days a lot more will be announced during VMworld and we will see a lot of great things coming up!
Some screenshots I took during the live stream (great job on VMware Now):