New Fling: Lctree by VMware Labs
VMware Labs released a new Fling called Lctree which is short for Linked Clone Tree Visualizer for vCloud Director. The download is available as tar package and the total size is about 17MB.
Quote taken from the Fling page:
Lctree is a tool designed for the visualization of linked clone VM trees created by VMware vCloud Director. Linked clone is a feature available in vSphere that creates a clone of a VM from a snapshot point. The new VM’s disks are not full copies of the source disks, but instead, are delta disks which point back to the snapshot’s disks. This feature is widely used in vCloud Director.
- Tree generation is fast compared to solutions using data fetched from vCenter/ESX server
- Hierarchical tree view
- Node properties & separate disk chain view
- Refresh & Search option
- Traditional tree view in separate tabs
- Relocate order of virtual machines in a tree
- Java Runtime Environment 6
- vCloud Director (vCD) 1.5 or 5.1
There is also a Readme PDF which contains more information about this new fling.