Veeam Explorer for SAN Snapshots gets support for HP 3PAR StoreServ 7000 storage
Veeam expandeds it integration with HP to include SAN snapshot recovery for HP 3PAR StoreServ 7000 Storage using HP 3PAR Virtual Copy Software. Currently, Veeam Explorer for SAN Snapshots enables IT administrators to recover virtual machines (VMs) or data (single file) directly from HP StoreVirtual Storage snapshots within the Veeam Backup & Replication application. Veeam support for the new HP 3PAR StoreServ 7000 Storage and all other 3PAR models is expected to become available in the first half of 2013.
Veeam Explorer for SAN Snapshots has capabilities that are:
- Fully automated process mounts the selected SAN snapshot and protects integrity of production LUNs.
- Recover single files from SAN snapshots in a few minutes.
- Restore VMs without staging or intermediate steps.
- Recover an entire VM in two minutes or less.
- One integrated recovery environment for every recovery scenario.
- Easy-to-use wizards for recovery of VMs, files and application items.
- No agents to deploy on hosts or VMs.
- Included in all editions of Veeam Backup & Replication 6.5, as well as Veeam Backup Free Edition.
Another great move by Veeam! Hopefully soon more vendors will be supported.