VMware announced a FREE online training course called “Introducing the VMware Security Solution Fundamentals“.
This course is a self-paced course which lasts 1 hour and it’s available through myLearn training.
This free eLearning course provides the background information needed to work with the products included in the VMware Security Solution. The course begins with a review of basic security methodologies and how virtualization affects security. References for follow-on reading are provided for students less familiar with these concepts. Next, the course discusses the VMware security strategy. Each product in the VMware Security Solution is introduced by discussing the limitations of traditional security controls and describing how the products in the solution address these limitations. The course concludes with a list of relevant security and compliance online resources.
After this course, you should be able to:
- Recognize the process and strategies that security managers use to manage risks to information and information systems
- Name ways that virtualization affects security and compliance
- List the top vulnerabilities applicable to virtual environments
- Explain the basic strategy to protect a virtual environment
- Name the main purpose of each product included in the VMware security solution
- For each product in the VMware security solution, discuss how key features address the challenges of securing virtual environments with traditional security controls
- Find additional security and compliance resources posted on vmware.com