VMware Labs released a new Fling called PowerCLI Extensions. The download is available as zip and is about 66KB.
VMware PowerCLI is one of the most successful command line tools for managing your VMware products. With the many existing cmdlets designed for the system administrator or vSphere Admin, PowerCLI is the easiest and most powerful tool for managing your environment.
This fling adds a PowerShell module with PowerCLI cmdlets for managing vSphere Flash Read Cache and VMware Virtual SAN.
- Microsoft PowerShell v2 or higher
- vSphere PowerCLI v5.5 R1 (core application)
- Install PowerCLI 5.5 R1 from here.
- Download the PowerCLI Extensions module from the download button on the left.
- To install the PowerShell module – extract the downloaded ZIP file to your modules directory, for example (C:\Users\Documents\WindowsPowerShell\Modules).
- Verify that in the above folder there is a sub-folder called VMware.VimAutomation.Extensions. The full path is: C:\Users\Documents\WindowsPowerShell\Modules\VMware.VimAutomation.Extensions