VMware Labs released a new Fling called vCO-CLI. The download is available for Windows and Linux.
What is it?
Access to the plug-in’s inventory is integrated into the UI for easy navigation to managed entities (vCenter objects, LDAP entries, remote systems, HTTP endpoints, etc).
For advanced users, vCO-CLI can improve productivity considerably by minimizing the turnaround time between designing and running a workflow. It can also display a REPL right in the middle of a workflow. This powerful technique, similar to a breakpoint, allows the workflow developer to troubleshoot and fix bugs faster.
- You need to have JRE 1.6 or higher installed.
Simply install the vCOCLI plug-in on vCO Server (description below) and export the console or GUI based client on your machine (vcocli.bat/vcocli.sh or vcocli-gui.bat).
- Log into vCO Configurator.
- Click on Plug-ins and browse the o11nplugin-vcocli.vmoapp file.
- Click on Start-up Options and restart vCO service.
- To verify the installation, log in vCO Smart Client and check if vCO CLI plug-in is installed.