VMware Labs released a new Fling called Real-Time Audio-Video Test Application. The download is available for Windows.
What is it?
This application verifies the correct installation and operation of the View Horizon Real-Time Audio-Video functionality. It provides a player that displays the “virtual webcam” feed, and also loops back the audio if required. This allows for testing without a third party app (which often requires user accounts such as Skype, WebEx, etc.). The application can also perform load testing by forcing the video and audio stream to continuously run again, without a third party app dropping the call after a period of time.
- Displays webcam images at 1:1 resolution
- Automatically starts streaming images when launched (and audio will be looped back if selected)
- Ability to loop the audio-in back to audio-out
- No need to create user accounts to see RTAV
- Supports the VMware Virtual Webcam and Physical Webcams
- Runs in Windows x86 or x64
- Intended to be used in conjunction with a View Agent and Feature Pack. However, it can be used on any physical machine too.
- You have the “Microsoft Visual C++ 2008 SP1 Redistributable Package (x86)” runtime installed. For example, it is already installed on a Horizon View desktop.
Download and run the exe.