This week The World’s Premier Availability Event VeeamON took place and a lot of things were announced! Maybe u got a bit lost in what got announced so here is an easy recap on all of them.
Disclaimer: all images are subject to change and may not reflect the final version.
Veeam Availbility Suite v10
v10 will be huge. Veeam announced several things:
- Built-in Management for Veeam Agent for Linux and Microsoft Windows
- NAS backups for CIFS and SMB shares (sorry, no NDMP)
- Archive Tiering for Scale-Out Backup Repositories which allows you to use Azure Blob Storage, Amazon S3 / Glacier
- Veeam CDP (Continues Data Protection) by leveraging VMware VAIO network reducing RPO to 15 seconds (instead of minutes)!
- A Universal Storage Integration API (with IBM and INFINIDAT being the first to use it)
- DRaaS enhancements which introduce vCloud Director integration for Veeam Cloud Connect
- RMAN plugin to seamlessly stream RMAN backups to the Veeam repository
- Self-service backup and restore functionality for VMware workloads based on vCenter Server permissions (not only for vCloud Director)
Make sure to sign up for all the latest updates at the official launch page!
Veeam Agent for Microsoft Windows
The Veeam Agent for Microsoft Windows (2.0) is officially available and can be download on the launch page! With this solution (and the Veeam Agent for Linux) Veeam now offers the same Enterprise features as known in Veeam Backup & Replication ensuring Availability for public cloud and physical workloads.
If you are looking at deploying it via PowerShell have a look at the VeeamHub github page!
This new release offers you the possibility to send backups directly to Cloud Connect which ensures you mobile endpoints are always backed up, no matter where you go. Furthermore Veeam introduced 2 new editions: Workstation and Server edition. These add 24/7/365 support as well as Veeam Cloud Connect support and application integration (Server edition).
Veeam Availbility Console
The long awaited Veeam Availability Console is currently available in a RC status for Veeam Service Providers. Make sure to sign up on the launch page for the latest updates and notification when it’s available.
Veeam Backup for Microsoft Office 365
Veeam gave insight in the roadmap for this amazing solution.
- Multi-tenancy and multi-repository by leveraging proxies and repositories
- Powershell support
- Restful API
- SharePoint and Onedrive for Business support!
I am really looking forward to the automation part where you can give access to whoever you want so they can restore an object themself!
Veeam Availability for AWS
Veeam is jumping on the Amazon ship by combining forces with N2WS Cloud Protection Manager. Veeam Availability for AWS is the industry’s first cloud-native, agentless data protection and Availability solution for AWS applications and data. We will leverage AWS snapshots and create backups which can be placed outside of AWS ensuring higher Availability of your workload!
If you are working with AWS make sure you sign up on the launch page for the latest updates.
Veeam kept on going and announced a new FREE product (currently already in RC status) named Veeam PN (Private Network) – not to be confused with VPN ;-). This allows you to do Disaster Recovery in Microsoft Azure in a few clicks. You can find more information (as well as the download) on the Veeam PN launch page. To give you an idea how fast this is, at VeeamON there was a live demo which took less then 10 minutes to get the VM up and running from On-premises to Azure!
Veeam Updates for current solutions
Veeam also announced 2 updates which are out right now!
- Veeam Backup & Replication 9.5 Update 2 (introducing Storage Snapshot integration with Cisco HyperFlex Systems and support for the Veeam Agent for Microsoft Windows 2.0)
- Veeam Mangement Pack 8.0 Update 4 (introducing integration into Microsoft Operations Management Suite (OMS))!
Amazing announcements and exiting times ahead with Veeam ! A big congrats to the whole VeeamON team, presenters and most important: the attendees !